Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Banner Estrella
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||1.8||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.2||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.2||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.8||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.8||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.2||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.6||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.4||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.4||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.4||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.6||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.4||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||42.8(5)||30.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Iím not sure how this hospital became magnet when itís understaff and there is no true policies or protocols to follow. This place is not travelers friendly. Travelers get the worse schedule. The department has a lot of unintelligent CMs who does nothing but micromanaging. The director is very unprofessional. It sucks the life out of you to do a 13 weeks assignment there. Protect your license! 11/22/2018 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Very Expensive. Housing was located in city of Glendale . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. The travel assignments doesnít pay enough to cover the cost of living in this state. Housing is getting very expensive. It doesnít worth traveling here unless you just want to enjoy the desert.
- I worked in the Med Surg department(s) in the hospital. I got canceled a shift every single week of my contract. They hired on a bunch of travelers and then cancelled us every week. They are always understaffed, I was given new admits minutes after discharges and pressured to discharge people as fast as possible, absolutely no help from charge nurses there since they don't exist. I also often felt the travelers got the worse patient assignments. Scheduling would often call you and put you on delay- asking you to call back in four hours, effectively putting you on call without having to pay you anything. 03/04/2017 Housing was approximately 16 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Zazu Panee. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Loved my housing, was central to everything I wanted to do.
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. Worst place I've ever worked out of 12 facilities I've been to in 5 years.
Scheduling was horrific, I was never on my assigned floor, I was always dually scheduled.
Their overflow floor had no equipment, food, not even tele monitors and they gave me a cardizem drip up there.
Among a long list of complaints, I would NOT recommend anyone work there for their PCU. Lots of core staff leaving. 10/16/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was found personal. Housing was located in city of Avondale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Cath Lab department(s) in the hospital. Cancelled the contract of all the travelers 2 weeks before contract was to be completed without warning, nothing said directly other than, at the end of the day asked if I were to come in the next day after learning the other traveler's contract was cancelled. Was told that at end of day I was free to go. Very unprofessional. 06/03/2015 Housing was approximately 4.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private Condo. Housing was located in city of Glendale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was the best part of being here. Hospital was much to be desired.
- I worked in the Tele department(s) in the hospital. Understaffed, scheduling is completely unorganized - many times I was dually scheduled. They piled the work on me as the traveler. I would get 2 admissions and other nurses got none. Given cardiac drip patients on an overflow flow which wasn't equipped with telemetry monitors. Staff often complained that hospital reputation was bad, their own staff left for other campuses. Supervisors were taking patients every night because they were so understaffed. they were no help to clinical/scheduling issues. You were ignored or punished for addressing your concerns. My contract was terminated once I dropped the "unsafe conditions" terminology. Can't say I'm too upset about it. My license was on the line. Have heard great things about Banner, but Estrella campus is a cluster F, as another traveler put it, who was also unsatisfied. 03/17/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Avondale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. private housing
Click here for advertising info