Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: San Mateo Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||5||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.8||4.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.5||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.7||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.7||3.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.7||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.8||3.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||4.2||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||4.7||4.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.7||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.2||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.3||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.5||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.7||4.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.7||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.7||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.5||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||4||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||80.7(6)||89.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Future travelers should know that roughly 50% of the patients speak Spanish. This is a very friendly hospital and nurses (both staff and travelers) seem very satisfied with working here. 06/22/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Mountain View, CA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Cost of living is very high in this area.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. You will not find a better ER travel assignment, especially on night shift. These are some of the most welcoming people I have ever worked with, nurses, doctors, and ancillary staff alike. They are staffed well with experienced, competent nurses and the night charge nurse is very supportive and makes sure you get your breaks (they actually STAFF break nurses!). I cannot wait to take another assignment here in the future! 02/19/2017 Housing was approximately 16 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Hayward. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I found private housing on Craigslist. Housing is VERY expensive in the Bay Area, but you can find cheaper places if you are willing to commute and/or use public transportation.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Great facility, low acuity, well staffed. Staff accepting of travelers. 07/18/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was my own. Housing was located in city of San mateo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Low acuity, easy assignment. Staff was very welcoming to travelers, as was the administration. I would definitely recommend this facility. The hospital is small and geared more towards outpatient/ambulatory services which I think is great. They have great services/help available for substance abusers and those who suffer from domestic violence. 04/21/2016 Housing was approximately 1.9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was found my own. Housing was located in city of San Mateo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Psychiatric department(s) in the hospital. This was the worst assignment/job I have every had in my nursing career. The CEO stood up in orientation and said "this is the hospital of last resort". They serve the indigent population of the county. The psych unit was street people or ex-cons. The nurse manager was condescending and rude. The process for clocking in and out was to call a voicemail and leave your name. There was no written/electronic documentation except the records I kept. They had trouble getting the hours worked right and it become your word against theirs. Many of their practices were lackadaisical and certainly not evidence based. If you are use to evidence-based practice, I wouldn't recommend this facility. The area is one of the haves and have nots. Parts of the city has crumbling buildings. 11/29/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of San Mateo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. There was no A/C only a ceiling fan in the front corner of the apartment. It sat near the water and was often very humid. Homeless people wandered in and out of the property. I didn't actually feel afraid but I wasn't very comfortable with the set up.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. A very, very easy ER assignment, probably one of the easiest in existence. Zero acuity in this place. After midnight the staff all takes turns taking naps. The doctors are all very cool and first name basis. This is a small hospital, so unfortunately there is a little bit of drama with the nursing staff... most of the nursing staff is very cool but there are a couple pot-stirrers and one man-hating angry lesbian charge nurse that has a horrible attitude and seems to like to create drama out of nothing. The secretaries are very awesome, as are the ER techs. All in all, a pretty cool place to work if you can avoid the drama. 03/31/2015 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I found my own housing
Click here for advertising info