Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Bayfront Medical center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.7||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.3||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.3||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.2||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.3||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.3||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.5||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.3||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.3||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.5||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2||2.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.5||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.5||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.5||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||49.1(6)||54.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Float department(s) in the hospital. I was contracted on a certain floor but I am not going to disclose which since I have floated to almost all units during my 13 weeks here and I will give a general review. A3 Med-tele floor and 5N, also another medical floor is what I dreaded to work on. This is where I was floated to most often. You often get 7 patients. 3N Ortho floor is decent. 5-6 patient is the norm, rarely 7. Staff morale is horrible though. Rehab floor was the best floor in my opinion 6-7 patient is the norm, but the RNs and CNAs are very friendly and they appreciate the help. 5S is a trauma floor. Probably the most unsafe floor. Frequently get 7 patients, most of them have brain injury so very impulsive and absolutely never have sitters. If you're working on this floor you will be running into patients rooms to reorient all day and night. During nights there is no tech so the charge RN will often work as the tech. The orientation process with Bayfront was subpar compared to others I've been to. If you're a first time traveler then I would avoid. I did not get any computer orientation. I was put with a staff nurse for 2 days and she taught me what to chart. There is a lot of redundancy and they still use a lot of paper charting. They currently use an old version of Cerner as this time so there is lots of clicking and no ability to copy forward. This hospital has very low morale and there's a saying that floats around "Welcome to Bayfront," whenver something negative happens. 10/20/2017 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of NA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the Labor department(s) in the hospital. Only good thing was the other travel and floor nurses were nice with the usual exception to a few. Some of the doctors, CNMs, and residents were downright hostile towards the nurses. Sometimes in front of the patients or involving the patients. Very unprofessional and sometimes practicing without any regard to patient safety. If someone told me that they were going to deliver there, I'd tell them to find a different facility. Their security system is not safe at all. Called for help and it took 7 minutes before a guard showed up. Tube system was down and pharmacy did not respond to STAT meds effectively or safely for the patients. Their McKesson is never refilled in a timely fashion. I was told that the pharmacy is not notified when it is empty then it takes awhile for the tech to come up to refill. Computers rarely worked well which distracted away from safe patient care and efficient documentation. Management were aware of the issues but none of it was addressed in a timely or efficient manner. 04/19/2017 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was not applicable. Found my own housing. Housing was located in city of Gulfport. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing. Hotels are expensive during the Spring time of year.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. The weather was perfect 02/23/2016 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was a condo. Housing was located in city of Treasure Island. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing on the beach.
- I worked in the MS overflow department(s) in the hospital. This was my first travel assignment and my first time working on a MS floor. All I can say is OMG! Bayfront is probably the reason I still have nightmares about ever being a floor nurse. The pharmacy, lab and nutrition were the most inefficient groups I have worked with in my life. Any complaints were met with "welcome to Bayfront!" You will feel more like a drug dealer than a nurse by the end of your shift because that is the bulk of their patient load on the floor...and some of the physicians were as high as their patients. I saw several instances of gross malpractice while I was there and when it was brought to the attention of those in charge, it was promptly swept under the rug. I could go on, but I am sure you get the jest of it.....not a good place to work as a traveler or a staff nurse....the only good thing about being there was the beach....but there are a lot of beautiful beaches in FL. 06/23/2012 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Candlewood Suites. Housing was located in city of St Petersburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- If you take an assignment at this hospital I would recommend staying away from A-3 (telemetry) I have floated throughout the hospital and A-3 is the worst unit in the hospital with an extremely incompetent nurse manager who does not care about improved quality of care for the patients. The nursing assistants do minimum nursing care other than vitals and blood sugars. The patients are left dirty with sheets that are unchanged. The only thing that they change is the pads underneath them. They know they can get away with poor patient care and disrespect for the nurses on the floor. The night shift is far better and the staff members are friendlier to travelers. CCU is very clicky and unwelcoming. Neuro ICU was friendly. Neuro stepdown is good. Be prepared to take the BKAT and if you fail, you no longer have a contract. 08/28/2007 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was my own housing. Housing was located in city of St. Petersburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Housing had thin walls and a bug problem.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Hired initially for the ICU holding area of the ER, as an ICU nurse. The hold-census was low, so I was cross-trained into the ER (first experience). The staff were extremely patient and willing to teach. They allowed me every opportunity and were there to guide me (and still are, as I still pick up relief shifts to keep the ER skills I have learned). The lab and radiology staff are pleasant and relatively timely with their procedures/results. 03/30/2007 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Bay Isle Key. Housing was located in city of St. Petersburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Located equidistant (@20 minutes)between downtown St. Petersburg and downtown Tampa (across a bridge)-plenty of opportunities for things to do in both cities. 25 minutes from the beach. Clean, relatively new, professional neighbors/community. Office staff/maintenance crew are pleasant and timely with requests.
Click here for advertising info