Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Spartanburg Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2||2.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.2||2.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.6||2.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2||2.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.4||2.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.4||2.5|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||2.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.8||2.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.4||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.6||2.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2||2.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.8||2.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.2||2.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2||2.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.2||2.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||50.4(5)||54.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. Overall, we enjoyed working at Spartanburg Regional in the CCU. The staff was truly awesome and we immediately felt like a part of their team. As travelers, we were treated as equals... took care of sick pt's, did not float first, were never cancelled, and didn't get crappy assignments dumped on you. Though there were a few things we didn't like such as doctor/hospitalist staffing at night, and some policies/protocols, our overall experience was a positive one and we would recommend to travelers!
For a more in depth review, reviews of other hospitals, and/or traveling tips visit our blog at www.thejustache.com :)
03/02/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Pineridge Campground. Housing was located in city of Roebuck. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. My fiancée and myself live in an RV when we travel, so we do not choose the housing option. We stayed at Pineridge campground located in Roebuck and we would highly recommend it! The owners are fabulous and the park is really nice and reasonably priced!
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. Snake pit 06/07/2016 Housing was approximately 22 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Ef. Housing was located in city of Gaffney . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the Post partum 5 tower department(s) in the hospital. Teaching hospital, residents not easy to work with nor the attending showing residents. Poor communitcation between doctors and nurses. Unsafe nurse to patient ratio's They do not staff to AWOHNN guidelines. Therefore not allowing proper teaching for mothers, not baby friendly, nursery not on the unit, it's across the hall in another secured area. Lot's of extra running for charts, equipment..etc. Will continue to dump more patients on a nurse verses calling in a nurse on call. Very disappointing to see the lack of care patients receive due to choosing to use Department of Health staffing guidelines verses being specific to you population and staff appropriately with AWHONN to ensure each mother gets the education and care she needs to feel equipped to go home and be successful. 10/08/2014 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Stayed at Pine Ridge Campground...Wonderful place.
- Housing was approximately Unknown mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Paul. Housing was located in city of Unknown. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. 04/02/2007
- I worked in the neuro department(s) in the hospital. Spartanburg is a "laid-back" town. Not to much traffic. I was suprised that the people are extremely friendly. 03/30/2007 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Riverwinds. Housing was located in city of Spartanburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Riverwinds is a nice creek running behind the complex. In the summer months the complex has canoes that may be used. The squirrels were frequent visitors to my back deck.
Click here for advertising info