Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: fountain valley reginal hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.8||2.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.2||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.4||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.8||1.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.6||2.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.6||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.4||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.4||2.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.2||2.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8||1.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.4||2.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.4||1.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.6||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.4||1.5|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.6||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||54.6(5)||43.0(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the DOU department(s) in the hospital. I'm extending with a long break in between, so it wasn't THAT terrible.
Been an RN 5 years, this was my forest assignment coming from an Ivy League University Hospital. The staff is very nice, it's the reason I'm coming back. The pay is good at 2300 net per week. I floated/pulled maybe one every other week, which is awesome in this area. The bad?
The doctors often don't call you back and no assigned intensivist so you will call a rapid response for normally manageable situations. Some of the doctors think they're gods. They don't round every day so family and nurses are often in the dark regarding the poc. The solution to everything is to order a consult, so you do have a lot of people to answer to and it is often confusing who that person should be. It was my 10th week before I admitted an English speaking person. That can be both a blessing and a curse, since people complain less when they can't communicate, but pt care DEFINITELY suffers. I have a new appreciation for Vietnamese culture - family is very dedicated.
This is a place you go for the money. I feel like the staff has my back, but I am treated better than many travelers because I am very friendly and I proactively offer to help people. Do that and you'll be good. 02/27/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Newport Dunes RV Park.. Housing was located in city of Newport Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Good fishing in the water at the park, need a kayak though. Cool biking and walking trails.
- I worked in the DOU department(s) in the hospital. WORST HOSPITAL I HAVE EVER WORKED AT. BREAK STATE LAWS PLACING CRITICAL CARE PATIENTS IN ORTHO ROOMS NOT ICU OR DOU CERITIFIED BY THE STATE AND FORCE TRAVELERS TO TAKE ASSIGNMENT BY THEMSELVES WITH NO HELP OR AIDE. HOSPITAL HAS ALREADY BEEN FINED FOR THIS AND CONTINUES TO DO IT. MANAGMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT SAFTEY, BREAK CALIFORNIA NURSING LAW RATIOS, EQUIPTMENT IS BROKEN IF YOU CAN FIND IT. OVERALL TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK, RISK LOSING YOUR LICENSE AT THIS PLACE. I ACTUALLY CANCELED MY OWN CONTRACT AT THIS FACILITY IT WAS SO TERRIBLE. PAY WAS AROUND 2K A WEEK AND SHOULD BE DOUBLE THIS FOR THE RISK YOU PUT YOUR LICENSE AT. STAY AWAY FROM THIS FACILITY!!!! 01/29/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was SERENA. Housing was located in city of FOUNTAIN VALLEY. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. SHORT TERM AVAILABLE.
- I worked in the Telemetry/all floors department(s) in the hospital. Can't say enough to keep people away. They fire their own staff over matters to keep the doctors happy. Staff morale is terrible. If you don't speak Spanish and Vietnamesse you will have a rough time here. Over all terrible. 10/29/2014 Housing was approximately 8.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Kelvin Court. Housing was located in city of Irvine. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. The best thing about this assignment was the housing, it was excellent. The Orange County Area is nice, but avoid this hospital at all costs.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. This was my 1st assignment and I was pleasantly surprised. Staff and doc's made me feel welcome. Never met the NM face-to-face, but was always accommodated when I put scheduling requests in her mailbox. I found my own apartment in Irvine-very clean & safe, but expensive. 15min drive to hospital, not bad. 08/01/2013 Building is great. Wonderful amenities. Gated. Extremely responsive to tenants needs. Friendly staff that always seem willing to help out w/ANY needs I had. Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Santa Rosa. Housing was located in city of Irvine. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the DOU department(s) in the hospital. Staff is very friendly, area is very safe. Documentation system not bad, not many good resources for proper protocol per hospital; I mean written resources or knowledgable people. Dedicated charge nurse on this unit impossible to work with; will prevent me from resigning, and has caused horrific staffing shortage..if you go, work nights and avoid her and any of her advice, as she usually gives wrong information. On more than one occasion staffing ratio laws broken, and many of us had more patients than California law permits. People in the hospital said DOU is the worst place to work. 03/03/2008 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Coronado South. Housing was located in city of Newport Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Apartment complex was nice, however overpriced and studio apartment was very small. Many noisy neighbors. I chose this one myself; it was advertised at $1100/mth, but ended up costing $1400. Complex was lovely, but I wouldnt recommend. 2 blocks from the harbor though and lovely, safe area.
Click here for advertising info