Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Northwest Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.7||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.2||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.2||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.3||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.5||2.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.5||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.5||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.3||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.7||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.2||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.3||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.3||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.3||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.5||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.7||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||55.8(6)||27.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Maternal department(s) in the hospital. OB Unit director awful, yells at staff, has girls club with favorite staff. Inappropriately staffed and managed, unit is small-medium unit and charge nurses have NO assignment in the 3 areas, completely unnecessary for small unit. Clerks are unhelpful, won't cross cover other dept. units, won't help entire dept. Poor outdated policies, not current practices, militant lactation nurses. MILITANT. A total disaster if you're a traveler or applicant, license at risk. 11/01/2017 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was self. Housing was located in city of Tucson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the M/S Oncology department(s) in the hospital. Loved the staff at this hospital!! Very friendly and open to teaching you new things and new specialties. Staffing was 5-7 pts/nurse. The Big Texan is a must see! Not a ton to do in the area, however Palo Duro canyon has a lot of hiking opportunities and there is also horseback riding in the area that was a blast. 06/04/2016 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Amarillo Ranch RV Park. Housing was located in city of Amarillo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Pretty bland RV park, however staff is great. There is an indoor pool nad hot tub however they aren't always up and running. Washer and dryer on site. Bathroom facilities are kept very clean. Would def. stay here again!! Staff was amazing.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. The emergency room is in shambles. They use a Reduced bare bones version of Cerner. It actually impedes your job. People who came from other Cerner sites felt this version was much worse. Staffing is really bad. Core staff are running out of the place. Travelers/agency to core are near 2:1 in peak season. It's total care. Old people constantly on call lights (because it's almost entirely elderly due to over abundance of snow birds and it's not a peds hospital) so your stuck with highly critical patients and old people sitting in poo and no help. None. Quite frustrating. The culture really is if they leave alive your good. Because..... It's down right dangerous there. 04/20/2015 Housing was approximately N/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/a. Housing was located in city of Tucson. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I found my own housing and used stipends. The city is fairly ghetto. People constantly honking and playing loud thug music at stop lights. Many many car accidents seen while driving. DO NOT RIDE BICYCLE ON ROAD. BAD.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Questions, questions, questions! Staffing in the ED is horrible. Ratio is usually 5 or 6-1 with not many techs to help out. HCAPS rule that floor. You might have an ICU admitted and still have your regular assigned rooms. Fast Track isn't used as it should be. Patients go on chairs and stretchers line up the hallways providing little to no privacy. Cafeteria and dietary closes to early and patient fridge not stocked properly. Staff lounge is non-existent. Other travelers that I spoke with were concerned about their license at risk due to policies. 12/29/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was St. Andrews at Palm Aire. Housing was located in city of Pompano Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Great apartment complex!
- I worked in the Labor and delivery department(s) in the hospital. Na 01/24/2013 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Na. Housing was located in city of Wpb. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. N/a
- Great place, pool, gym, jacuzzi 01/26/2012 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was St. Andrews. Housing was located in city of Pompano Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I worked in the Cath Lab department(s) in the hospital. The BEST Cath lab director ever
Click here for advertising info