Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Blake Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||1.8||1.3|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2||1.7|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.8||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.2||1.3|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.6||1.3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.8||1.7|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||1.4||1.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.8||1.3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.6||1.7|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.4||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||1.8||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2||1.3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.4||1.7|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.2||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.2||1.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||33.6(5)||25.3(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. always had at least 3 patients in the ICU, some post traumas who require around the clock care in the room. Patients constantly died from nursing erros that occured on other floors. PCU nurses floated to the ICU nightly because they were so short of staff. The charting system has not been updated since 1970. and the manager often told several travelers that they were "going to get shut down". doctors did not care at all for the patients, often would blame their mistakes on the nurses to just avoid penalty on them. poorly run and ran on entirely travelers on every floor. cannot keep present employees and will often terminate them for things that do not have anything to do with patient care. they say they are going throught a "revamping of the hospital from the bottom up" but they are actually just full of it because nothing has changed or will change due to the lack of education of the staff, dirty enviorment, poor patient outcome, poor patient ratio, and the doctors who constantly forget to put in orders, and often do not give families or patients vital information...also gave burn patients to nurses who were not certified in burns. RUN!!!!!!! from this place. anyone that tells you its fine obviously does not care about the patients or their lisence. they will not cover you if anything happens they will seek you out and penalize you for things that you did not do. they will give you two patients who need total care and require you to be in the room all day or night and than a fresh trauma. they say they no longer give travelers "traumas" and give them a day with a "nurse" but they will not help you, and you will still get a trauma i promise you that. AVOID this place if you care at all about yourself and others. this is a dangerous place to be. if an agency tries to put you here they do NOT care about you. and the general area surrounding it is unsafe. unless you stay directly on the island. 02/17/2017 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Tampa Bay extended stay . Housing was located in city of tampa . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Run from this place. Worse first travel assignment. I was tripled given patients who were traumas and I only know medical ICU. Staff was rude and unhelpful. Never got an orientation day with another nurses. Hospital is dirty and in shambles. Core nursing staff constantly quitting. Runs on all travelers. Do not go here. They will make your life miserable. 02/05/2017 Housing was approximately 200 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Camden . Housing was located in city of Orlando . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I commented from Orlando and stayed at the best western. There is nothing in Bradenton to do. It's small kind of red neck crowd. Just McDonald's and a fresh market.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Scary ratios. Always tripled with assignments in the ICU. Nurses on the floors could have up to 10 (!) patients a night during "season"! Hospital is very dirty and rooms are very small. Double ICU rooms...never have I seen that before, especially having two vented patients in a SMALL room together. Staff was unhelpful and not traveler friendly in the beginning, but towards the end of 13 weeks began to warm up to me. Not much to do in Bradenton at all, but surrounding areas are great (St. Pete, Tampa, Siesta Key Beach, Sarasota) 05/01/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Riversong Apartments. Housing was located in city of Bradenton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Nice apartment complex but went through Corporate housing, way too expensive!
- I worked in the Step down department(s) in the hospital. Scary ratios. Period on the step down unit, four was the minimum in relatively rare, it was typically five, in occasionally 6:1. Patients are really ill, super elderly (90-100's) and it was rare that anybody was fully oriented patient wise. I had much easier days when I was floated to ICU. Beautiful area on the gulf coast but tons of traffic during snowbird season. One day it took me an hour to drive 8 miles to the beach. 05/01/2015 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Solana Vista. Housing was located in city of Bradenton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Beautiful, updated, pet friendly, tons of amenities. Maintenance staff great
- I worked in the Neuro/Trauma/Ortho department(s) in the hospital. Black hole! Run from this place. They treat travelers like animals. Very very unfair workload. Nurses are saying things like you get housing paid for and you asking stupid questions. OMG never could believe young nurses can be so rude. They are 1-2 years old nurses, they are ruuuude and ignorant. They don't realize that policies are different everywhere and that is why you ask questions to double check things. CN doesn't know MRI can be done with contrast and sized me up for asking if a consent is involved. 03/13/2015 Housing was approximately 8-10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Watermark . Housing was located in city of Bradenton . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Near Sarasota, exactly downtown Bradenton, you can enjoy urself. Anna Maria, st Pete beach, Tampa, Orlando, Siesta Key all near. Can be a hidden gem.
Click here for advertising info