Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Whidbey General Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||4|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.2|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||5|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.6|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.2|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.6|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.4|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.6|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.4|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||66.4(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the PACU department(s) in the hospital. The staff consists of a lot of older ladies with the “this is the way we’ve always done it mentality. I was there when there was 3 other travelers (including OR), LOTS of downtime and slow days. Definitely did not need the travelers in my opinion. I love the island and the people. Overall it was a good assignment. A couple of lazy workers who would hide and avoid and taking patients (just one person), but more for me, makes day go by quicker. 11/04/2018 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Found own. Housing was located in city of Oak harbor . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. I really loved this assignment, the core staff nurses are a great team. The hospital and the ER are going through some changes which is creating a lot of dischord and they recently have used a lot of travelers and inexperienced nurses, so safety is sometimes an issue now, but it is because of the upper echelons of management, not the core nursing team. It was a great assignment. It is a quirky place, both the hospital and the island. 12/13/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Found own. Housing was located in city of Coupeville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Found my own
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. This little hospital seems to be experiencing some rapid growing pains. It is the only hospital withing Whidbey island that primarily is a critical access unit that needs ship that doesn't have a lot of Cardiac or Neuro capacity meaning pretty much most high level cases need to be shipped off island. When I was there they didn't have an ED clinical manager which made the things a little disjointed but the main staff held things together well, this ED depended quite a bit on travelers. The island is beautiful, the people on the island are very friendly, the staff is very friendly, doctors give a high level of respect to the nurses. The throughput of patients could be better by allowing NIOs and utilizing mid-level providers for fast track patients but other than that not so, bad. There crisis services was a little lacking with safety checking which, I'm sure will lead to someone getting hurt some day due to not having a good system of removing mental health patients from their personal belongings and having a set area for seclusion. One problem with the island was I use an RV and parking was virtually impossible to find, but there is a fair grounds 30 miles away that was wide open and turned out to be a blessing. 09/18/2017 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was my RV. Housing was located in city of Langley WA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. During peak summer RV parks are hide to find, Langley Fairgrounds offers electric, water but only has a single dump location for $25 / day. Which is over ran by cute bunnies.
- I worked in the SPD department(s) in the hospital. Terrible place to work, think junior high. 30 year old equipment, terrible lay out, "that's the way we do it here" mentality. The SPD staff thinks that enzyme detergent disinfects instruments.
Fabulous location! Difficult to find housing. 03/02/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Own. Housing was located in city of Coupeville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Difficult to find and expensive. This is a vacation destination and most of the housing is VRBO and priced accordingly.
- I worked in the Main OR department(s) in the hospital. Co - workers were very nice. Unfortunately management is a different story. Hospital bad reputation in town no much patient flow. And to much politics , great physicians leaving due to all the administration. Leaving Or flow very slow. 05/16/2015 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own. Housing was located in city of 10. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Difficult area to find housing.
Click here for advertising info