Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Geisinger community medical center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||4.6|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.2|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.4|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.4|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.8|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.4|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.2|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.4|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.8|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.8|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||64.2(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the D4 department(s) in the hospital. I worked on D4 and it was the worst 3 months of my life. The staff either hate you or love you. And you don't even have to do anything wrong for them to hate you. If you just breathe the wrong way they will make your life hell.Everyone on that unit is so judgemental. It's like high school all over again. The pay may look enticing but trust me run away. Why risk taking an assignment where you will be understaffed have high ratios and potentially be hated by staff who will make your life hell. 01/05/2018 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Woodspring. Housing was located in city of Wilkes Barre. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
- I worked in the D4 department(s) in the hospital. 1:4-6. Mostly travelers. They split the floor and always understaff the one side. If staff likes you they're super friendly, but if they don't they are out to get you, and threaten to cancel your contract over nothing. Disorganized with scheduling and you end up staying late because no one comes to relieve you. High paying contract, but they are getting international travelers so it won't last. 6th floor MS was unsafe, 8th floor tele was good, peds is easy. Don't eat the pizza but go to the Italian restaurants. Nice parks in the area. 01/05/2018 The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Taylor. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Lots of travelers stayed at the extended stay in Wilkes-Barre.
- I worked in the Ortho/New Steps department(s) in the hospital. Staff is part Union. They are currently going through negotiations and the hospital isn't budging on safe staffing ratios or equivalent pay. The staff I work with are great, other floors I floated to 3rd 6th and 8th were not as helpful or friendly, except for other travelers.( we help each other Short staffing is a constant, sometimes no CNA. Staffing Ratio 6:1 If you're flexible they are very flexible with schedule! I worked 2 12's and 2 8's. The more flexible you are the more flexible they are.(You give, you get)Large variety of restaurants, mom and pop eateries. Only real negative about Scranton: the roads suck! Pothole city! Lots of things to do. 04/08/2017 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Tall Trees Apartments. Housing was located in city of Dunmoore. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Found my own apartment and furniture rental. A little pricey but well worth it. Most of the doctors/internists stay here. 1-2 bedroom, Fitness center, (Tiny) and a pool, located in the woods, quiet, well maintaned.
- I worked in the OB department(s) in the hospital. Na 01/15/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Econo lodge. Housing was located in city of Galesburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Na
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Techs only help staff not travelers. Not laid out efficiently. Nurse to pt ratio 6-1. I had 3 level 2 and 3 level 3's the last time I worked. Not reasonable.not safe for pt care. 10/05/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Summit pointe. Housing was located in city of Dickson City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Great place to stay. Very nice staff.
Click here for advertising info