Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Palomar Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.4||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.2||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.4||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.6||5.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.4||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.4||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.6||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.8||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.2||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.6||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.6||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.4||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.4||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||75.4(5)||47.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the SUrgery/SPD department(s) in the hospital. Normal staffing was 4 techs + Supervisor. Supervisor never authorized me in the computer to document and run the sterilizers. Supervisor scheduled me solo + Supervisor one day. Supervisor called in sick, leaving me to run the department alone. Surgeon needed a tray sterilized for an emergency procedure. Nobody in the hospital was authorized to run the autoclaves. I was fired for being "Too expensive and unable to run the autoclaves". To repeat, I was forbidden to run the autoclaves and fired for not running the autoclaves. 05/19/2019 Housing was approximately 11 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was 555 N Centre City Pkwy. Housing was located in city of Escondido. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the IMC department(s) in the hospital. Absolutely the best hospital I have ever worked at. The only hospital I have ever extended, and would have loved to be permanent staff at. Charge nurses supportive, willing to glove up and get involved in patient care, even giving bed baths for you. Staff welcoming. Doctors informative and willing to talk with you. Overall just to many good things to say about this hospital. LOVE PMC! 03/15/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AirBNB. Housing was located in city of Carlsbad. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Found our own housing on the off season one block from downtown Carlsbad on the beach.
- I worked in the Birthing Center department(s) in the hospital. Virtually no orientation, dumped heaby load on traveler's as staff shopped and played games on the computer. No self scheduling as promised.Resentful of travelets. 12/06/2016 Housing was approximately 11 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Stipend. Housing was located in city of San Diego . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Took my stipend, found my own housing with private bath, hot tub, swimming pool, sports courts, resturants, shopping centers and just about anything I wanted near by.
- I worked in the Med/Surg department(s) in the hospital. Palomar is a great hospital. Very traveler friendly. I worked on 8East/9East and extended multiple times bc the staff was so friendly and helpful. Really treated me as one of their own. 08/31/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I found my own. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the CCU/TICU department(s) in the hospital. As an ICU traveler PMC has been second to none. Having traveled to four other area hospitals I began to feel sort of let down by my experiences here in San Diego. However, PMC was the sole permutation in my experience and was the first hospital I had agreed to extend with. As I near my last few days with them I am actually saddened to leave considering how much I enjoyed my time here.
First off, the staff is amazing. I have done both the day/night shifts so I can attest to meeting/working with almost the entire team. Everyone from the charge nurses (Love Charla!), RNs, the RCP group, ST/PT/OT, rounding doctors, and the intensivists were a pleasure to work with. This was the first hospital in which I felt safe in my practice due to the cohesiveness of the interdisciplinary group.
PMC has my favorite team of intensivists to work alongside with. Dr. Zgliniec, Dr. Butler, Dr. Punjabi, Dr. Presente, Dr. Rai, and Dr. Mashala were amazing. If you show initiative, critical thinking, and a willingness to learn then these intensivists are more than happy to work with you while teaching you along the way. A big bonus is that you have intensivists 24/7 on the floor (makes a difference!).
The charge staff were great to work for, very fair, resourceful, and always checked up on me. There was an irrevocable trust. I was on the receiving end of good, critical, and interesting assignments. Rarely was I ever floated and if a problem ever arose I knew that they would have my back 100%. Dana, Charla, Marty, Linda and other supporting charge staff were some of my favorite in my experience as a traveling nurse.
The ICU nurses that work here are some of the most inviting you will meet on your travels. I never felt alone or "just a traveler." They've invited me out for coffee, Christmas parties, and local meet ups. It was just a great experience. They made it easy to feel as though I was a permanent staff member.
I could write on and on about the merits of PMC but I think that if you are an ICU traveler then this hospital should be your first choice when making the decision to come to the area. 01/16/2016 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was took my own housing. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
Click here for advertising info