Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Centra Lynchburg General Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.6||1.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||1.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.4||2.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.6||2.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||1.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.4||1.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.2||1.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.8||1.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.4||1.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.4||2.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3||1.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3||2.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6||1.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3||1.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.4||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.2||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||63.4(5)||34.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Medical Surgical department(s) in the hospital. Centra Health kept changing the start date for the contract three times in one month. With the threat of changing the start date the fourth time, they finally canceled the contract 3 days before orientation. Locals stated that the CEO was on a mission to get rid of travel medical personnel there due to monetary losses. While searching for housing one individual whose primary income was providing furnished housing stated that all of his renters(traveling surgeons, nurses, and support staff)packed up and left a few weeks prior to us arriving, stating that something caused them all to leave at the same time. There is supposedly 100 travel nurses there currently. The way that Centra Health whimsically changed the dates and then canceled after we traveled 1000 miles and procured housing for the contract is mind boggling. This hospital is evidently having some issue with scheduling travelers. This message is posted as a WARNING to how much time and money you could possibly lose for attempting to start with Centra Health. There is no recourse for this type of behavior. 06/06/2019 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private residence . Housing was located in city of Forest. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. The furnished housing market in this city is one of the highest we have seen in the country. Renting a furnished unit in Naples, FL was by far cheaper and better quality than finding furnished rentals in Lynchburg. The area boasts 5 colleges which maybe driving up the price of the furnished rentals. The housing is expensive and not worth the money in comparison to other localities. Even Roanoke(Carillion Health System) about 45 minutes away in VA has better quality with the same rate of pay.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Chaotic ED. More than normal. Ratio is 4:1 BUT it feels as though it is more. Cerner EMR. Utilize hallway beds even for very sick patients. Rooms are not stocked with basic equipment you may need such as a non-rebreather/NC etc. Per manager these are "chargeable items" and are not needed in the room as you would not need them emergently?? Doctors do not assess or place orders for pt's for hours. Nursing protocols are available but are limited. NO LUNCHES! Nurses/techs clean rooms, rooms are DIRTY. 09/30/2018 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Glenn White Corporate Housing. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Everything included. Large units.
- I worked in the DRMU/GMU department(s) in the hospital. Staff was very friendly and open to travelers. They encounter constant staff shortages and difficulty retaining permanent staff d/t low pay for permanent RNs, but the staff they do have is excellent, helpful and dedicated to their jobs. Doctors are friendly and generally communicate well with RNs. My schedule was perfect. RN/pt. ratio could get a bit tough at times, but the patient acuity was relatively low for a med/surg unit and staffing ratios *usually* felt safe. Many travelers have extended and I would consider going back. The general area of Lynchburg is somewhat boring, there's not much to do unless you drive an hour or two. 01/17/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I live in an RV. Housing was located in city of Spout Spring. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Orthopedics department(s) in the hospital. The unit I was on was very travel friendly. Good ratios most of the time. 05/03/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Walden Pond Apartments. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Clean and safe complex with a beautiful walking path and small lake. No traffic on the drive to/from work.
- I worked in the Diabetic Renal Unit department(s) in the hospital. This unit was a wonderful assignment because of the care and concern of the staff for the patients and EACH OTHER. They operate as a true team and are willing to help each other whenever needed. They speak highly of each other and always "manage each other up" to patients and families. This is a wonderful assignment! 03/15/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Overlook at Stonemill. Housing was located in city of Lynchburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. My housing was spacious and very reasonably priced. It was close to everything I needed and my neighbors were great. Pets allowed!
Click here for advertising info