Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Eastern Maine Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.7||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.5||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.8||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.7||1.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.5||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.7||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.5||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.8||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.2||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.7||2.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.3||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.7||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.8||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||64.8(6)||34.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I have worked in 12 hospitals in Maine. This facility by far the worst. 08/12/2019 Housing was approximately 40 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was home. Housing was located in city of brownville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. housing is always hard to find in Maine during the summer.
- I worked in the Postpartum department(s) in the hospital. This was my best experience so far as a traveler. The staff was wonderful, and it's location to lots of interesting cities made it a fun assignment. 08/21/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Bangor. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Should have asked more questions before moving in. It was like living in a revolving door, the landlady was constantly renting out every room in the house.
- I worked in the Medical/Surgical Cardiac float pool department(s) in the hospital. Floated between 2 cardiac units, Respiratory, Oncology, Ed hold, Ortho/Neuro, Surgical. Usually given the worst patients. Many techs won't help travelers. 6 patients on nights with 2-3 no tech rooms. Outdated equipment and double rooms. Staff and charge nurses frequently bad mouth travelers. 06/12/2017 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was TownePlace Suites. Housing was located in city of Bangor . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so had to spend 1200 on rental car.
- I worked in the ICU/CCU department(s) in the hospital. Amazing hospital to work for! Critical care is well organized, with more than enough staff and resources go do your job. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful, some of the nicest and most respectful doctors I have ever worked with. Very strict staffing ratios, never had more than 2 patients. Absolutely loved my time there, definitely plan to go back.
10/26/2016 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Pushaw Lake Campground . Housing was located in city of Orono, ME. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Very junky Campground.
- I worked in the Float department(s) in the hospital. This was a wonderful experience, big busy hospital, cerner charting. Lots of travelers. 10/23/2016 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was None. Housing was located in city of Surry. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. It was a very small house
- I worked in the Ortho/neuro G5 department(s) in the hospital. They tried to give 7 patients when we were only allowed to take 6. When you ask a question, the staff say to look up in the policy. You then ask how to look said policy up, they reply,ask charge nurse. No one has offered help. There are falls with injury on this floor. No one relieves you on breaks. They state that you have to cover yourself. There are 2 patients to a room, when I asked the charge nurse, "how does hipaa apply to this?" She stated, "oh we dont follow that stuff." 08/01/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Eagle Crest apartments. Housing was located in city of Bangor. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Old buildings, quiet neighbors. Laundry was downstairs of building and was1.00 to wash and 1.00 to dry. There were often broken machines.
Click here for advertising info