Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Aurora St Lukes
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.2||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2||2.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.2||1.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.4||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.2||1.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.2||2.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.4||1.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2||1.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2||1.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.6||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2||2.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.8||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.8||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||48(5)||48.0(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. This hospital is a beast...so big it is easy to get lost. I would recommend to go a day early just to see where you need to go your first day so you don't end up being late. Parking structure for day shifters is a block away from the hospital. Just be sure to lock the car cause alot of thefts took place while I was there. Cafeteria is in the basement and takes about 5 min to get there...at least from the OR. Takes alot of your break so I suggest to pack a lunch. There is a starbucks in the hospital but lines are frequently long. About the OR...where to begin. 22 ORs at a level 2 trauma hospital. You will take tons of call. Layout of the OR is crazy...takes a bit go get your bearings. Patients are super sick - never experienced so many codes in my life. Some management was good, some bad. Tons of turnover there. When I got there, there were at least 15 nurses, tech, and rnfa travelers. Anesthesiologists are absolutely lazy and want the nurses to do everything for them on top of the job we already have. That was really annoying. IDK...overall it's an interesting place and to be honest, I would never go back. Milwaukee is great! Tons of stuff to do to fill up your weekends! 01/14/2019 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Candlewood suites . Housing was located in city of Oak creek . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. All the housekeepers and front desk staff were great! I travel with my dog and they spoiled him! I felt safe there.
- I worked in the operating room department(s) in the hospital. Oh Boy...where to begin. I guess I will start by saying that this hospital is a beast. In my 13 weeks, I learned where the OR, the starbucks, the cafeteria and the SICU were...everything else, I needed to ask for directions. Orientation was a total of 9 nine days...two days was all computer work, one day cysto, two in general, two in neuro and two days in Ortho...then you were on your own. I worked in general which was every surgery except for hearts, neuro and ortho. Two days orientation in General were not enough for there is so much to learn here. They cater a lot to doctors. Throughout the 13 weeks, I was learning something new every week. the team leader for general was absolutely no help at all and any time I asked her a question, I felt like I was inconveniencing her. All the general team members were really nice and helpful though and almost all the other team leads for ortho, robots, and transplants were all very helpful as well. Nurses have a heavy load here which causes quick burnout and I can see why they are short nurses. Tons of travelers here for RNs, Techs, and RNFAs. They have hired more people so the number of travelers did diminish as my time went on there. They only have anesthesia docs here and they are very picky and helpless...they make the rns do everything for them..and I mean everything...Nurses get the patients from preop by themself, give the versed, get them the ordered antibiotic, hook the patient up to all the monitors, send their lab draws, order the labs, call techs for them when needed...I mean the list goes on. Took call while here and it was a 50/50 chance of being called in. Had two weekends and about two calls during the week. They allow docs to work as late as they want with scheduled cases, so they need to cover that with call. Food in cafeteria is ok...very expensive and they don't give discounts for employees. For parking during day shift, you have to park in a garage two blocks away from the hospital. they do have a shuttle to take you to and from. Overall, this hospital is definitely different from any other hospital that I ever worked at...It took a while to get into a flow. Plus these patients here are SICK. A lap Chole is not a simple lap Chole here. Definitely challenging and I noticed a lot more codes here than anywhere else. And this is a level two trauma center. Some doctors are so sweet and you love working with them...others don't like travelers and they let you know it. Regular staff gets to choose their cases they want to do the next day, so travelers just get the left overs. Area of Milwaukee is nice...so much to do and see. 09/12/2018 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Candlewood Suites. Housing was located in city of Oak Creek. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Hotel was clean and accepted pets which was great. Staff was really friendly and got to know you. It was located right at the airport,so if you wanted to fly out for a long weekend, just hop on the shuttle and go...
- I worked in the 11S department(s) in the hospital. The patient to nurse ratio was horrible. I got 7 patients most nights even though I was told by the manager the maximum is 5 patients. Also the manager hated travel nurses because he had some sort of resentment towards how much we got paid. He even let go a bunch of travel nurses before their contract because he thought they were 'lazy and had a bad attitude.' I stayed clear of him. Also they didn't assign patients based on acuity so you could have all 7 patients for which you needed to do extensive wound care and/or trach cares for. It wore me out but the money was good and that was the only benefit really. 07/05/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Air BNB. Housing was located in city of Milwaukee. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. It was winter in Milwaukee so I didn't go out much. I just came back to be near family and friends for the winter holiday.
- I worked in the 11LM Tele Heart Failure department(s) in the hospital. Staff friendly but very inexperienced. Many travelers. Day workload 5, charge had a full patient load. Night workload 8 patients and charge had a full patient load. Management varied from ambivalent to passive aggressive. Staff morals very low. Impossible to get full break since you had to keep your phone and could get called away 03/14/2017 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Echelon at Innovation Park. Housing was located in city of Wauwatosa . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own. Pricy but beautiful (1700 furnished with short term rental and furnished).
- I worked in the Med/Surg Tele department(s) in the hospital. Staffing 8:1 mostly, occasionally 6:1 10/13/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own. Housing was located in city of Oak Creek. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Traveled by RV
Click here for advertising info