Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: University of New Mexico
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.3||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.7||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.1||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.7||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.3||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.1||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.1||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.4||3.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.6||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.6||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.3||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.3||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.7||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.3||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.1||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.1||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.9||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4.1||4.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||72.4(7)||71.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Neuro ICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked primarily in the Neuro ICU. Travelers were the first to get floated but in 4 months there I only got floated 5 times. They only float you to the other ICUs. Nursing staff were open and friendly but many of them tend to be lazy. That being said, my time here was good. I worked with many other travelers and we helped each other out it made time here enjoyable. A few select staff were absolutely great!! I come from a mixed ICU, having patient populations involving neuro, trauma, medical, and surgical in nature. I felt more than prepared to take assignments given to me and if there was something that i was unsure of (usually provider preferences), the other nurses were very helpful. 01/07/2019 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Southwest Suites - Altezza at High Desert. Housing was located in city of Albuquerque. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found this apartment on my own. Slightly on the higher end but was in a VERY safe neighborhood! Beautiful and in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains which made for great morning and afternoon hikes/walks. LOTS to do in New Mexico especially if you're willing to drive a few hours in all directions. White Sands, Taos, Balloon Fiesta, Las Cruces, Old Town, Zoo, Santa Fe, Taos Pueblo, Bandalier, Meow Wolf!!
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. The pay is horrible for the work that is expected of you. You function the majority of the time as a floor nurse because there are no inpt beds. A number of older nurses obviously hate travelers. Expect to get one of the 5 room assignments most of the time. On a positive note, the providers are great. 01/13/2018 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Campground. Housing was located in city of Albuquerque. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. N/A
- Housing was approximately 1.6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Roxbury Suites. Housing was located in city of Albuquerque. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. 02/06/2010 Housing was located off of a very busy and noisy street. The close proximity from my unit to the street made it impossible to feel safe although the neighborhood was okay. It was great on the inside and the on-site laundry is free. No pool or workout facility though.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. I liked this hospital it was nice and the people and doctors are very nice, the work not was not bad and the supervisor was fair. 04/18/2007 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was juan tabo. Housing was located in city of albuquerque. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The housing was o.k., but in the summer it gets really hot and the swamp coolers does not cool that well. Great location.
- I worked in the Peds department(s) in the hospital. The peds unit where I worked was very friendly to travelers... assignments given equally to staff and travelers. The worst part of the assignment was having to shuttle in from an outside parking lot to the hospital, which could take 15-30 extra minutes before and after work! Also, equipment was rarely stocked which meant a lot of time running around looking for IV poles, etc. Very frustrating! Overall, however, staff and docs very friendly and good to work with. 01/09/2007 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private housing. Housing was located in city of Albuquerque. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Stayed with a friend while on assignment. Other travelers I worked with enjoyed their housing.
- I worked NICU on days. Staff very friendly and accepting of travelers but they have them a lot. (15 when I was there). They are very fair with assignments and treat travelers just like staff so chronics and high acuity get spread around- not to the same people all the time.
Parking is remote from the hosp(on Days) and you ride shuttles to and from-but the staff has to do the same. Still adds 30 mins (at least)to your shift
all the overtime you want-never got cancelled. I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately took housing stipend mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was family. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- They are union and go out of their way to make sure you get your breaks, lunch , or need help.
You can get extra shifts and they never flex (cancel) their travelers. I had no problems with my contract with them. I worked in the Special care nurseries department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Presidio. Housing was located in city of Albuquerque. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The housing was very good, their gym unfortunately has very old and broken equipment, but their pool and hot tub are heated all year !!! Location is good. Especially pleased with the facility.
Click here for advertising info