Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Memorial Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.3||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.2||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.7||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.7||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.2||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.7||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.5||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.2||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.5||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.8||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.3||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||54.3(6)||59.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Surgical/float department(s) in the hospital. Float every shift, unfair assignments, shifts canceled a lot, contracts canceled all the time. Modesto is about an hour and a half drive to San Francisco and Yosemite. 09/19/2018 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Live Oak. Housing was located in city of Modesto. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Nice area close to everything. Nice pool with baby pool. Friendly staff. Pet friendly. Dog poop everywhere!
- I worked in the Med Surg department(s) in the hospital. The Med Surg department was the catch all area of the hospital- ambulatory surgicals, outpatient nursing (IVF, Antibiotics, Catheter changes, injections), triage just to name a few along with med surg patients. It didn't matter what the acuity was of the patients or how many nurses were on the floor, everything got dumped on the med surg nurse(s). Constantly looking for doctors/hospitalists. DON had no idea what was going on on the floor- saw many nurses leave there crying. High stress and low morale. 05/14/2017 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Super 8. Housing was located in city of Neillsville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. MMC has a lot of travel nurses and plenty of housing.
- I worked in the MICU department(s) in the hospital. 05/06/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Motel . Housing was located in city of Joplin . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Na
- I worked in the Post Anesthesia department(s) in the hospital. 12/21/2012 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own houseing. Housing was located in city of Las Cruces. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the float department(s) in the hospital. This was truly a bait and switch. During the interview was hired for a particular position. When arrived and asked why I was not working that floor I was then informed that they use travelers as their float pool. I don't sign on to float. Running all over the hospital just trying to locate simply equipment, pca or iv pumps, became a problem. They claimed to be electronic but night shift was required to print 24 hour summaries and place in chart which made the charts extremely thick and cumbersome. The charts were thicker than ever existed in a complete paper world.Proper nutrition was not kept on the floors for your diabetics going hypoglycemic in the middle of the night. All in all it was a horrible, horrible travel experience. I would often ask the public at hand what they thought of their hospitals, only two, and the general concenses for Memorial Medical was, and I quote, "Walk in and leave in a body bag." Medciation errors occured almost daily and were treated matter of fact. Once I found an IV site dated Sept 25 and it was Oct 5. No, it was not dated incorrectly but had actually been there that long. Scariest work environment of my travel career thus far. All I can say is DON'T GO!!! 02/25/2007 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was copper ridge. Housing was located in city of las cruces. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. It was a nice complex with gym, pool etc. They really went the extra mile to ensure I was happy with my accommodations.
- I worked in the M/S/tele/onco department(s) in the hospital. Everyone is very nice and somewhat supportive, but there are no resources, like transportation, IV team, no prefilled syringes for flushed...etc and the pt load was up to 1:7 on days!! 09/16/2006 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Staybridge Suites. Housing was located in city of Las Cruces. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. It is brand new, the walls are a little thin, but manageable. A lot of business people stay here. It has a pool and hot tub, 24hr fitness center and laundry room. Free breakfast everyday and dinner 3x/wk. Daily housekeeping with weekly thourough housekeeping. Excellent place to stay!
Click here for advertising info