Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: University of Washington Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.5||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.6||5.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||4.5||5.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.6||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.4||5.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.8||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.1||5.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||4.1||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.4||5.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||5||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.4||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.6||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.6||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4.5||5.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.6||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.4||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.5||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||4.5||5.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4.6||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||84.7(8)||98.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Shepherdson 4 M/S Oncology department(s) in the hospital. This was by far the friendliest staff Iíve had the pleasure to work with. All of my coworkers were welcoming and willing to help/teach when necessary. As a progressive nurse not familiar with oncology nursing, the staff went above and beyond to help orient me. These were truly special people in a hospital where people really care about the patients and each other. There is a strong union, good ratios, IV team, phlebotomy, and the best transport staff Iíve ever dealt with. Oh, and the security team is top notch. And the sitters are too. And the food- Iím gonna miss those freshly omelets in the mornings before work along with a locally sourced coffee. And not to mention that they compost all of their unused food and have a great recycling program. Basically, they are the greatest and are conscientious, caring people. Much love UVMC! 12/13/2018 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb, Burlington. Housing was located in city of Burlington. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Burlington is a hard city to find housing in. I got lucky and found a classified ad in the Burlington newspaper and ended up w/ a great living situation right in downtown. Check Airbnb, Craigslist, furnished finder, and wherever else you can think of. Vermont is all about exploring so make sure you get outside and hike/ski/have fun outdoors and the beer scene is unlike any other in the US and maybe the world. (The Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, Citizen Cider, and so many more!!!). Enjoy!
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the NICU department at UWMC. I worked a total of 19 weeks at this facility. The process of applying for the job was smooth through my agency; they didn't require excessive amounts of paper work or documentation, just the usual stuff. The interview was quick and painless; the unit manager is relatively new to the NICU scene, but she appeared to be hardworking and determined to make the unit run as efficiently as possible. The entire staff is welcoming to travelers, and receptive to questions you may have...so no need to feel intimidated!
This Level 4 NICU does not do major surgeries (basically only laser eye surgery and the occasional PDA ligation), as they ship a lot of their surgical patients to Children's Hospital of Seattle. As a traveler, I would occasionally get vented patients (Drager vents are used at this hospital), but there was never an enormous portion of the census that was vent-dependent. Expect to see a lot of feeder-grower patients and kids on CPAP. The unit is set up as individual patient rooms, and is quite nice and new looking (I believe then added the NICU portion of the hospital less than 10 years ago).
Scheduling was never an issue, as they use self-scheduling through KRONOS. I always seemed to get exactly the schedule I requested; and switching shifts was relatively easy.
They use Cerner PowerChart as their charting system.
Don't hesitate to accept a contract at this hospital. It is accessible and right next to the University, so it is a relatively nice neighborhood. The hospital itself is nice enough, nothing too fancy.
Rent can be a little expensive, but rent for us was $2000/month; just barely north of the city.
Don't live in Tacoma, it is a far drive to Seattle when there is traffic. Tacoma and Seattle are nothing alike, don't let your recruiter tell you that they are!
Good luck! 01/04/2018 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was furnishedfinder. Housing was located in city of Green Lake (Seattle). On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Cardo-thoracic ICU; Medical/Oncology ICU department(s) in the hospital. If you are an independent, and competent traveler then this hospital is the ideal place for you. Moderate turnover rate d/t staff pursuing higher education. Floating is occasional according to census of patients and according to which floor you float to the staff are helpful. 03/29/2017 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was na. Housing was located in city of Fremont. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I would recommend not living downtown Seattle (Belltown); Other areas downtown that are decent to live is: Lower and upper Queen Ann, capital hill, Fremont, or U district.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. This is a small critical access Hospital in a safe small town 90 miles west of SAN Antonio TX. Staff is amazingly welcoming and friendly. The workload is manageable and the teamwork is outstanding. 01/13/2017 The name of the housing complex was Local hotel. Housing was located in city of Uvalde. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I chose a locally owned hotel that was very accommodating to my schedule, allowing early checkin and late checkout. The location is less than a block from the Hospital. This hotel has an area for grilling/gathering on their grounds as well as a large pool, restaurant and bar with pool tables. In addition, they offer a significant discount. This worked for me since I was able to block my days and drive home between them. I'm not sure about full-time accommodations.
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. The management tried very hard to be traveler friendly, and they were all pretty great. However, half of the unit were all travelers; and the staff at night was very green and kind of clique-y. Not sure it it's them or the "Seattle Freeze". I was initially hired for CTICU with floats to CCU, and ended up getting stuck in the opposite role. I floated to another ICU at least once a week. Not a huge deal, but kept me kind of a stranger every where I went. Very protocol driven institution. Good ratios, but I was given the difficult to handle or no acute issues patients. Truthfully a really boring job that I was glad to leave. 08/25/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Seattle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. SUPER EXPENSIVE IN SUMMER. You're competing with tech interns for spots.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Right on the light rail 07/03/2016 Housing was approximately 9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Seattle Furnished Suites Broadview. Housing was located in city of Seattle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Basement suite. GREAT setup. Very close to bus stop.
- I worked in the Resource Team department(s) in the hospital. the resource team was a great experience 05/17/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Alcyone. Housing was located in city of Seattle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. get parking for the building costs in your contract
- I worked in the Float Pool department(s) in the hospital. Be prepared to take PBDS test 05/03/2007 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Summit at Lake Union. Housing was located in city of Seattle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Love it here.
Click here for advertising info