Travel Nursing Agency
Ranking Results Each ranking is averaged and updated
on a continual basis. The highest score for an agency is 100.
Go back to
travel nursing agency rankings.
Click here to view a list of
over 300 agencies and their contact information.
Travel Nursing Company Review of: Rapid Temps
(within 1 year)
|5. Pay rate||3.5||3.9|
|6. Paycheck accuracy||3.3||3.8|
|10. Assignment selection available||3.2||3.9|
|12. Insurance plan||2.5||3.9|
|18. Paycheck arrival time||3.6||4.1|
|19. Chances you will recommend this agency||3.3||4.1|
|20. Chances you will work with them again||3.4||4.1|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||65.8(17)||81.0(9)|
Return to top of page
- Rapid Temps is a wonderful agency with amazing recruiters, and management. Rapid Temps has always found me the best fitting travel contracts. 05/20/2019
- I have worked for Rapid Temps for over 5 years and have never been happier. I use to work with huge staffing companies like Club Staffing and Arius and i was treated like a number. Rapid Temps gets more personal with us and is always available 24/7 for anything i need. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to be treated and paid better above all others. 05/06/2019
- First agency I ever traveled with. Tried some other ones but came back to Rapid Temps as they are the most honest ones out there and their pay is by far the best. I highly recommend them to new and season travelers.Don't be fooled by agencies that promise the moon and give you dirt. 04/26/2019
- I have been a traveling nurse with Rapid Temps for the last 11 years and its one of the best choices I ever made. I was tired of the same old routine day in and day out. One day at work I overheard an agency nurse speaking of how great it is to be able to travel and create her own schedule. I asked her who her agency was and she said Rapid Temps. Of course I was hesitant at first to leave my secure job, but I figured I owed it to myself to at least give them a call so I can look into what they have to offer. After speaking with two knowledgeable recruiters I was sold. One was in charge of traveling contracts and the other PRN. As mentioned before I've been traveling for 11 years, Iíve been to 14 states and have been extended multiple times at several locations. When I want to take a break from contracts there PRN always keeps me busy. I'm able to pick up what I want when I want with PRN. I myself enjoy the freedom of relocating whenever I want. It has allowed me to fulfill my dreams of traveling. Now make no mistake not all locations are winners and I know there are certain things out of the agencies control, however Rapid Temps always works hard to find me something more suitable. Traveling is not for everyone but if youíre looking to work with a great team this is it! They recently added benefits again so itís literally the perfect team now! 04/26/2019
- I have been an RN for 7 years now. I signed up for Rapid Temps 6 years ago for their PRN work around New Mexico as I had nothing to tie me down. I have always had a pleasant experience working with the PRN team. The current PRN team has been exceptional and more than accommodating when it comes to my personal needs and what I need as far as a schedule goes. They are friendly, knowledgeable, and quick to make something happen when it is needed. The pay with Rapid Temps is very competitive, and if for some reason they can not meet your expectation of what you are asking, they are always willing to negotiate and hold true to their word of a raise after completing what they are asking of you. The ease of having lodging done is excellent as well. I just let the team know that I need a room if I am going to be traveling. They set up and it simply gets deducted out of my check. The downside, you have to pay a $25 lodging fee... however, I understand why this is, as they are spending their time tracking down and booking my lodging. The ladies have been working hard on gaining new facilities to add to their available shifts for us. They also have their own on call phone and welcome us to call them anytime while on shift if we just need to vent or if there is a problem and I may not be sure how to handle it. They always make movement when this happens and gets everything addressed to ensure we do not have the same problems happen again. They are very big on communication, which is awesome because so am I. They believe in transparency and have no problem making sure you understand a decision that was made or why it may not be in my best interested to do an assignment. THAT is very hard to find in recruiters in other agencies. My experience with other agencies has been awful to say it politely. I truly appreciate the ladies who do what they can for me. I would recommend Rapid Temps every time. 04/16/2019
- I have been traveling for years. Rapid Temps keeps me working. They have full health benefits which I need for me and my family. They have paid me referral bonuses for sending other travelers. I will continue to travel with this company. 04/08/2019
- I have been traveling for over 15 years as an ICU nurse and I LOVE LOVE Rapid Temps. My pay is always higher than other companies offer me and I can call a live person 24hrs a day. Great recruiters and friendly staff. Would highly recommend them to any travelers. 04/03/2019
- Please. Never work for this agency. I gave Rapid Temps 30 days notice that I was ending a contract early. Exact words from Kirston Gould, "I will find a replacement by the end of the day." She lied. She also lied to me and said payroll would not send me my current check (due in 24 hrs) and my last week, unless I had someone sign my timesheet. Once signed, she then said there's a clause in my contract that is the agency's discretion to pay those ending a contract early at federal minimum wage. They will charge the hospital full rate but will only pay me $7.50/hr for the 70 hours I worked. What a scam agency. Now I have to crowd source to pay my rent? Also, Kirston specifically kept my vacation dates out of my contract. I kept asking her when she was going to send me a contract with my vacation date block, and she kept saying she thought she did. Oh, and she always uses her kids as an reason to humanize her and get you to trust her. What a con artist. Run from this agency. Never work for Rapid Temps. Whatever you read on their webpage is a lie. They just started health insurance a few month's ago but claim they have many benefit packages. No they don't. This is a very dishonest agency. Do not work at Rapid Temps. And if you do, make sure you don't renew your contract. 02/15/2019
- Worst company I have ever worked for. I went with them because they ended up offering a good bit more on a job than another company. That was where things ended. They always screwed up my paychecks. Even when they admitted I was right, they still wouldn't fix it. It wasn't until I called them out in public for not paying me that I received what they owed. I had to do that again at the end of the contract as well. They don't respond to calls or messages. They never acted as if they cared about any concerns I had, nor with getting my pay correct. As with all travel companies, all the paperwork they made me submit never made it to the hospital. I've told them to never contact me again. They still do. 06/12/2018
- Been traveling with Rapid Temps for 6 years now and have never been so happy. All recruiters are very helpful and they hear what I say. Always paid on time and always have another assignment for me to go to before my end date. The best of agencies to work for in my opinion. 02/26/2016
- Nice people. Very friendly and helpful all through my assignment. I hope to stay with them for a long time. 10/19/2015
- I had the displeasure of meeting this group today. They called me at 0715 and did not leave a message. Because this is a pet peeve of mine, I called the number to let them know I do not approve of how they do business. from the receptionist to one of the owners, I was treated with total rudeness and disrespect. I voice my concerns to "K***y" who told me she had no idea what time it was and then hung up on me after I said I was not interested in a contract. I then called back and spoke to "P**l" who was even worse. He told me to stop whining because they called me so early and that I "need to pull the stick out of my ass"! Funny, they interrupt my privacy and day with disrespectful business practices and then accuse me of having the problem? Someone needs to tell them that there are telecommunication laws in this country for a reason! I am not at all surprised to see these comments and see that there rating is one of the worst here in this site. I have been a traveler for more than 10 years and have been fed to the dogs a few times. I am now highly selective in the companies I even choose to consider for a contract. I can assure you, I would rather be on the street than work for Rapid Temps! In reading the comments here; I think I would be better off there anyway. 07/03/2014
- The absolute worst agency I have ever worked for. They lie continuously, double book prn & travel assignments so they can get rid of some nurses & keep the others, while allowing the cancelled nurses to be eviscerated by staff. Threatens the receiving hospitals with law suits if they hire a former nurse, put nurses' valuable reputations on the line constantly. Lies & the lying liars who tell them, this should be their motto. The most abusive bosses on the planet. Endless false accusations attempting to provoke nurses. Hires ONLY model-types for their offices & treat the nurses like cattle, while teaching the office staff to be just as abusive & dishonest as the owners are. THIS AGENCY WILL COST YOU YOUR CAREER. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. They hate nurses, especially the females & take out all their aggression on the nurses. Its a wonder they are still in business. God only knows how many times they have really been sued. They only get assignments with the worst & most abusive facilities, because the good facilities DON'T use them anymore. Their abusive treatment of their nurses can be a liability to receiving facilities & the facilities are FINALLY learning this. This is why they use a 3rd-party vendor to get contracts - their name doesn't appear until the nurse gets the contract. They lie about housing to get you in a contract & pull the rug out right after you arrive. They will also hold housing plans to see if the facility is going to cancel you or not. They will BURN you EVERY chance they get. DO NOT TRUST THEM. Count your losses & move on. They WILL DESTROY you. They are the most filthy, vile, hostile, bosses I have ever met in healthcare.NEVER work for a small, homegrown nursing agency from New Mexico - their home office is in Albuquerque - most hospitals in New Mexico won't use them anymore. They blame the nurses for everything that goes wrong - BE VERY CAREFUL!!!
THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT ON THIS SITE IS LYING! ITS REALLY FROM OFFICE STAFF. THERE ARE ONLY 2 "RECRUITERS" IN THE OFFICE & BOTH ARE JUST AS NASTY AS THE OWNERS. THEY PICK FIGHTS WITH THE NURSES & LIE TO THE BOSSES: "Small company, better pay, but not as many choices. You have to do a little leg work on your own housing to get the best money, but I think they make it worth your while. If unhappy w/ a recuriter, another agency rep will step in and try to square things up with you. Overall, I think they really do try and take care of their travelers." 06/02/2014
- Office staff give bad information - don't provide timely documents. Disorganized & play favorites with all assignments. Will change prn assignments without notice. Lie constantly about availabilities, pay rate. Treat nurses like slaves. Work office staff to death. Expects nurses to tolerate abusive assignments. Do not match nurses with specialties or preferences. The owners are all male & treat female staff like dirt. 02/28/2014
- called x3 on road for resubmission of paperwork already submitted. lied about availability of housing-spent a month in motel -they placed a fellow traveler who came later into a apartment. Called regarding discrepancies in pay-supervisor told me he could replace me in a day.
I in good faith would not recommend this company. 05/30/2013
- Small company, better pay, but not as many choices. You have to do a little leg work on your own housing to get the best money, but I think they make it worth your while. If unhappy w/ a recuriter, another agency rep will step in and try to square things up with you. Overall, I think they really do try and take care of their travelers. 06/03/2008
- Housing accomodations need to be finalized before starting the contract. I was told they would put me at a motel for the first 2-3 days while they looked for other housing. I'm still at that motel, 9 weeks later. The place has roaches and the exterminator has been here 4 times. The agency suggested a few other places, one was 30 miles away from the assignment, the other 2 in an unsafe part of the city. Agency tells me the city is just too small and they can't find anything. (as in, they don't want to pay for anything nicer,,,) Now they want me to extend the contract here, promising they'll find better housing.
Just a 'little' too late for that!!! 05/01/2008
Click here for advertising info