Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Alta Bates- Ashby Campus
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||1.4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.4|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.1|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.6|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.7|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.7|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||1.9|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.7|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.4|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.9|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.9|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||36.6(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the icu department(s) in the hospital. Manager brushes off any issues that need to be handled. Every comment ends with well she's a traveler. Staff walks around with no patient refusing to help travelers while they struggle. 01/10/2016 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. NA found own quality housing
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked night shift in the ICU. I travel with another RN and both were oriented by travelers to the unit. Most nights I am floated somewhere else at 11pm, either to the PCU/floor (4 or 5 patients) or from there back to ICU. Rarely work with more than 1-2 full time staff, all others are travelers. Most nights there is a free charge RN and a floating RN to relieve for breaks. Charge RN audits your charting every 4 hours. Doctors are nice and easy to reach. Cafeteria is not open at nights. Parking is directly in front of the hospital and free for night shifters. Half of the ICU is new, half is old and does not have doors on patient rooms, only curtains, and it gets very loud. 11/05/2015 Housing was approximately 18 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Wood Creek. Housing was located in city of Pleasant Hill. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Nice apartment building that is very dog friendly (even big dogs--mine is 65lbs.) Garage door is broken and hasn't been fixed. Maintenance has fixed a couple small things in the apartment within 24 hours. Appliances are all new and work well. Apartment is spacious. Every apartment has fenced in patio. Close to shopping/restaurants/etc.
- I worked in the PCU 9 GI M/S department(s) in the hospital. During the course of the interview, the Nurse Manager lead me to believe that this was a step down unit, hence the PCU. At no time did she mention the fact that ALL of the floors, are labeled, PCU - not Progressive Care Unit, but rather Patient Care Unit. This is an 8 hour facility. With travelers working twelve, 8 hours are spent on unit 08/17/2015 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay America . Housing was located in city of Richmond. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Extended Stay America (ESA) has the same template across the country. Weekly room service, run out the door breakfast, key card security. That is where it ends. My auto was vandalized between 11:45 A.M. and 1:45 P.M. The vandals broke out my front passenger window, rifled through my glove compartment, helped themselves to the few $$ in my console. The police was immediately notified, got lots of "I'm sorry, this is totally unacceptable, this is not how our guests are treated here at ESA, we have video tape". The police responded promptly, took my report, then offered this. This is not the first time that this has happened at this location. In fact, it occurred just one month earlier, to another travel nurse, at this same facility. My auto was parked directly in front of the video surveillance cameras, and the front desk has yet to get "the code from corporate" to enable anyone to review the information. ESA states that they have no liability for the vandalism, they are liable for the interior of the facility, not the parking lot. My insurance covered $210 of $750 replacement of said window. Would I recommend this location? In a word, NO
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. No complaints due to living safely in Pleasanton,Ca and utilizing the BART rail system/hospital free shuttle to work. This is a lot safer than driving to Oakland. 05/17/2014 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Larkspur Landing Hotel...The Best Beds and staff ever!!!. Housing was located in city of Pleasanton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. How much time do you have?...This facility is always on strike. The staff hates travelers and will set you up to get fired especially if you work an strike. YOU ARE MANDATED TO WORK STRIKES IF YOU ARE ON CONTRACT. PLEASE ASK IF HOSPITAL IS GOING ON STRIKE DURING YOUR CONTRACT SO YOU CAN GET SAME BONUS AS STRIKE NURSES. ESPECIALLY AROUND EVERY THANKSGIVING AND XMAS HOLIDAYS. HOLIDAY ONE DAY STRIKE PAY MAY BE %5,000 FOR AN 12 HR.SHIFT!!!! ICU COMPETENT TRAVEL NURSES THAT HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YEARS WERE SET UP AND FIRED. THIS PLACE IS THE "POSTAL CHILD" FOR NURSE BULLYING ALLOWED. THE PAY IS HIGH BECAUSE POORLY TREATED STAFF.LOTS OF AGENCY NURSES HERE. MAKES YOU WONDER WHY!!!
- I worked in the case managment department(s) in the hospital. 03/14/2013 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was extended stay america. Housing was located in city of emeryville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the emergency department(s) in the hospital. poor orientation - traveler beware 12/15/2009 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was homewood suites. Housing was located in city of oakland. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. awesome breakfast
- I worked in the med surg- 6SW department(s) in the hospital. Travellers are pulled everywhere. Telemetry was OK- staff there worked with me. 6SW totally rude and unacceptable. No concept of fairness, or teamwork. 06/04/2008 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was extended stay america. Housing was located in city of Alameda. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Hot water continually off. Cleaning left no bath cloths. Not too bad- certainly nothing great. A place to sleep.
Click here for advertising info