Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: clear lake regional medical center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.5||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.8||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.7||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3||2.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.5||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.5||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.8||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.3||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.3||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.3||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.5||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.7||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2||2.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.8||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.8||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.8||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.3||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||46.3(6)||35.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Labor and Delivery department(s) in the hospital. Rudest docs I have ever worked with. Treat nursing like they are handmaids and expect you to completely cater to them. 11/20/2019 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AirBnB. Housing was located in city of Webster. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Postpartum/Nursery department(s) in the hospital. I was told when I arrived for my first day that HR had no idea who I was or that I was coming and that the orientation was scheduled for two weeks later. They put me in a room with a computer by myself and had me spend the first day doing education modules. I was issued a hospital badge without anyone checking my ID to verify I was who I said I was. I couldn't get access to the charting system in the unit for several days because I was directed from one person to the next before finally being told that I had never been entered into the system. The scheduling was a nightmare with the units either being under or over staffed. They called at least once per week to try to cancel my shifts and I had to ask every time to be floated or used somewhere else in the hospital in order to make my hours. In a 13 week period I was floated to L&D, Pedi, Obs, Nursery etc. Units were constantly being closed and then reopened a day or two later. The Postpartum unit is on two separate floors and babies must be transported back and forth on elevators frequently. The staff was very friendly. The hospital has a confusing layout and was under construction while I was there. The building has the appearance of being added on to again and again through the years. The community has many things to do being close to the coast. 07/27/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of NA . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I took the stipend and stayed with a friend.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. The worst assignment EVER! In my 13-week assignment/rotation, SAFE HARBOR was initiated about 1-2 times per week. Sometimes, a nurse had SIX BABIES!!!! Very unsafe place to work. The turn-over rate of the staff nurses was unbelievable. The manager and charge nurses were very UNCARING.The hospital still used the ARCHAIC MEDITECH, which was extremely aggravating. 02/16/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hotels only. Housing was located in city of Webster. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I get my own housing. Hotels only.
- I worked in the Nicu department(s) in the hospital. Staffing ratio is unsafe! 5 or 6 patients. Sage harbor called all the time. I've never met ruder doctors or NNPs! Not worth the money 08/23/2015 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was My own. Housing was located in city of Houston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. N/a
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. This was my first experience using Meditech, and I had trouble learning this particular computer program. In addition, the computers and scanners in patient rooms didn't always work, delaying my documentation.
My typical patient assignment included four patient rooms, one being about 75 feet from the other three. 05/01/2014 Housing was approximately 2.0 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Metropolitan at Lincoln. Housing was located in city of Lone Tree, CO. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Knowing that I would be arriving late at night, the apartment was supposed to be unlocked when I arrived. It wasn't. I tried contacting the housing emergency number, but "their management's phones weren't working that night". I finally signed into a hotel, for which I was reimbursed several weeks later.
The apartment itself was nice, clean, and convenient enough and had decent parking. However, the "year-round" pool's heat was broken and the exercise room and "cyber-cafe" were dismantled for remodeling.
The hospital canceled my contract after two weeks and I'm told the apartment complex would not reimburse Parallon's advance payment. Parallon then took several thousand dollars out of my next assignment's paychecks to minimize their own losses. Thankfully, I had reliable family who lived an hour away and took me in.
- I worked in the tele department(s) in the hospital. Floated off my unit twice a night most of the time. Floated at 7pm, then again at 11pm. Usually worked 6 units a week (36 hour week, none of them were the units I was hired on for). Absoulutely exhausting having to float so much... 07/29/2009 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was the lodge at baybrook. Housing was located in city of friendswood. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Great housing. Actually broke this contract because of the floating practices- well out of the scope of my practice. ER, NICU, etc.
Click here for advertising info