Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kaiser LAMC
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||1.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.4|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.6|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.4|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.6|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.2|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.2|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.8|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.6|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||53.4(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU/ but it's literally a Float Pool Job department(s) in the hospital. Hired ICU Day shift, never get to go.
They have hired a number of ICU travelers to float you to Med/ Surg constantly. They need a traveler on almost every floor except the ICU, which is why the ICU travelers never get to go there. They also state that the California patient ratio laws don't apply to travelers there and will frequently put you out of ratio with step down/ tele patient. Unfair admissions when the staff nurses only have 2 patients and you're getting your 2nd admission and 2 discharges etc. They will not tell you that this is a float pool job but it is. Everyday you go to the staffing office and see where they are sending you.
What else... oh yea this is the only California hospital i Have worked in the doesn't have break nurses so when you go on break another nurse "watches" your patients.. so if your med/ surg your expected to be caring for 10 patients at one time.
You will get floated during your shift as well.... come 3 pm you'll probably go to a different floor or change your assignment if the On coming nurses can't take your assignments cuz they don't do Tele.
Parking is easy there. It's a smaller hospital otherwise.
The old building is that.. old... small cramped rooms.
The staff is decent, I haven't had a Charge nurse be mean to be yet but I've heard other travelers have gotten dumped on. 03/29/2018 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Camino village. . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I lived with a friend in Gardena If you live north of the hospital and work Day shift you are going against the flow of traffic on the 110 so takes me about 20 mins at 06:50 to get to the hospital. Report starts at 07:30
Torrance/ Redondo/ Hermosa/ San Pedro would all be good areas to live if you're working at this hospital.
Also it's Kaiser so make sure they are paying you more than 2000$ a week people. AMN is giving me 2200/week Winter rates (til april), Atlas medstaff is giving my friends 2400/week for their winter rates.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Culture towards travelers is unprofessional in ICU . DA and CNC aware of this culture. Travelers last to have lunch , staff first . Usual lunch time is 1600 or 1700. No breaks otherwise. Given double isolation all the time but staff has rotation list and will complain about isolation assignment. Needed 1:1 care for ED admit critical pt. Told I am seasoned nurse just deal with it. 2:1. Floated to every floor regularly, sometimes multiple floors during shift. Staff never floats. Bunch of rude Filipinas who talk Tagalog all day on floor. Staff on cell phones constantly. No help during admissions from staff. Have seen other travelers run codes while staff sitting around. Lift team comes around twice a day and gives attitude when asked to help. Top bosses aware of these issues and do nothing . Patient care compromised on many occasions. 08/01/2016 Housing was approximately 61 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Home. Housing was located in city of Los Angeles. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Local traveler .
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Please beware!!! Hostile work environment. Very unfriendly to travelers. Travelers stick together and support each other through assignment. Recent work stoppage occurred in March. I encourage other travelers that are interested in Kaiser to pursue a job @ another Kaiser facility. 04/25/2016 Housing was approximately 0.8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb apt within walking distance. Housing was located in city of Los Angeles. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ICSU department(s) in the hospital. I was given an ICU nights position, told I would float to ICU-related floors. Well, travelers float first and I have been floated in the middle of a shift, have been on my home unit 3 days so far, floated to post surgical cardiac critical care which I have no experience in, and was given a heavy assignment in the middle of the shift. This place lied about the contract and I am very unhappy with my agency as well as I have since discovered this has been going on a long time, not just yesterday. They are using ICU nurses to staff all of their floors and lying to get the staff. This is a horrible place to work. 10/09/2015 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of Los Angeles. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I got my own housing from a friend. Rents are expensive.
- I worked in the Neurosurgical department(s) in the hospital. You will be floated every day. Staff can be cliquish 09/25/2012 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The piero 2. Housing was located in city of Los angeles. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
Click here for advertising info