Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: CHOC, Children's Hospital of Orange County
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.5||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.7||5.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.2||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.2||5.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.7||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.7||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.5||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.2||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.7||4.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.8||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.7||3.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.7||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.3||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||67.6(6)||81.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. NICU is always fairly understaffed so other units always float into NICU. Orange county is a very nice location to live and work. Very close to Disneyland. 10/08/2018 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was na. Housing was located in city of Garden Grove. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. used airbnb
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Staff was somewhat cliquey. Fairly young group so they could be moody. Charge nurses were not always readily available or friendly. Head nurse was arrogant and kind of a Nazi about having personal phones on the unit. All staff carried them but she would trick the travelers to see if they had them. Staff were not allowed to have phones or even water to drink on the unit. Techs were helpful and self directed. Doctors were not very friendly. 06/18/2015 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private . Housing was located in city of Anaheim . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. NA. I obtained private housing.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. I loved my experience in the ED at CHOC. This facility was the first hospital I've worked at since I started traveling that really reminded me of my hospital back in Texas in terms of resources that are available (child life, pharmacy in ED, RTs, etc) and overall feel of the hospital. I came in on the hiring crisis so pay was great, worked the night shift, the census slowed when I first came on the surged again. There were 2 travelers that were let go shortly after I came on but it was due to incompetence as well as call ins. There were definitely busy nights but there was always techs and nurses to help and almost all of the doctors are extremely helpful and friendly. This is the first traveling contract that I also extended my time here. There's even a traveler who has extended over a year. Beginner level 2 trauma so they don't see that much and there's some improving, decent amount of acutely ill as well as clinic like patients. The hospital is pretty central to orange county and there is lot's to do in the area. 05/04/2015 Housing was approximately 11 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airb&b. Housing was located in city of Yorba Linda. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I did housing through the website airbnb and found a great place in a couple's home in Yorba Linda that I really enjoyed!
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. The staff consisted of about 80% travelers. They had hired in many of us at a crisis rate. After a month, my contract was cancelled due to "clinical" issues. QA (also on Joint Commission board) reviewed my case and stated I did nothing wrong. Census had surged to above 300 during the traveler hire. During the month I worked, census had dropped again. Traffic is terrible, sometimes 45 minutes - 1 hour to drive 10 miles for night shift. Night shift physician is arrogant and unapproachable. Requests for help was ignored by a "fill-in" charge nurse. It seemed none of the staff knew each other due to many travelers coming in and leaving. Every day, everyone was introducing themselves to each other and stating they were new. The whole concept is nice, but nursing staff needs some big improvements. I wonder if CHOC staffs with travelers to avoid permanent employees, and thus unions. 03/21/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Huntington Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. n/a
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Had a great experience. The ER had been open for approx 2 years when I started. They were still working out a few kinks with staffing at the time but nurse:patient ratio was 1:4 always. Had plenty of float nurses if you ever got behind. Starting IV's was a bit of a production sometimes, but that's what you get when you work with kids. Staff was very traveler friendly, and was happy to have our help. 03/08/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private. Housing was located in city of Irvine. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. There is plenty of housing in the area to choose from but it can get expensive. I recommend staying as close as possible because the traffic is atrocious
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Do not work here! This place was in turmoil. Within a year the director of surgery, the director of perioperative services and the charge nurse were fired. The charge was fired, rehired and fired again. The best charge nurse left because of all of the one's above were terrible. Most fo the Anesthesiologist were rude, unprofessional, and unhelpful. Surgeons were okay. Most of the nursing staff lacked experience. They have a great facility and a good concept with horrible execution. 05/17/2014 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Renaissance at Uptown Orange. Housing was located in city of Orange. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
Click here for advertising info