Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Medical Center of Plano
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.4|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.9|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.9|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.9|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.9|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.4|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.7|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.6|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.7|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.1|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||62.1(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Med/surg oncology department(s) in the hospital. The ppl were nice and helpful. I got pulled a lot almost like I was resource pool. The charting was horrible. But overall not a bad place to work. Met some nice ppl made new friends. 07/07/2017 Housing was approximately Na mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Na. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Labor Delivery department(s) in the hospital. Stay away, Do not treat travelers very well 06/03/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Trails. Housing was located in city of Allen. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I felt like they were genuinely grateful to have me there from day one. Morale is pretty low because of administration and all of the things we as travelers don't have to deal with, but besides all of the complaining, the staff seemed very happy and cohesive. I was assigned ventilated patients and viewed as an experienced nurse and not "just a traveler". There is tons to do in the area and the city of Plano itself is a quiet, well-established community. The housing was very nice; clean, quiet and fairly modern. Any issues we had were dealth with quickly. I plan to travel a bit more and hopefully return for another assignment at this hospital. 12/06/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Pebblecreek Apartments. Housing was located in city of Plano. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the CCU/TSICU department(s) in the hospital. This is been a fantastic experience. Steph are welcoming, hospitals beautiful, and the patient population is varied. Occasionally providers are tripled, however CCU in TS ICU patient loads are doable and staff will lend a hand. Patient very from standard MICU patients to much more complicated. House staff deals of all CR RT patients, as well as their fresh open hearts. They are currently in the middle of their level one trauma certification, which is exciting. ER and ICU interaction seem to be great. I have so far really enjoyed this assignment. Floating happens occasionally, but they do float to sister units and it is in frequent sense they're critical care patient load is so high. The burn unit is also set to open up within the month. I would highly recommend this assignment to anybody. 12/04/2015 Housing was approximately 17 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Avenue H. Housing was located in city of Dallas. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Traffic in the Dallas area is horrible. I would highly suggest living in Plano if you're going to be taking this assignment. Commuting from the city can take over an hour.
- I worked in the M/S-Oncology department(s) in the hospital. The area around the hospital made me feel safe. There's plenty of restaurants and stores. The hospital was a good place to work at. Its a clean facility with nice furnishings. Staff were very accommodating to travelers. I never felt that I was treated differently. Parking wasn't a hassle. I enjoyed this facility. The only downfall was their charting system, Meditech; totally needs an update. 11/04/2015 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rented a room. Housing was located in city of Dallas-North. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Drive from Far North Dallas area to the hospital wasn't bad. With traffic, it took me about 10-12 mins.
- I worked in the medical icu stepdown department(s) in the hospital. Staffing of 6 patients per nurse on medical icu stepdown with no tech help; unsafe and not fair to nurse or patients. Travel nurses work most every weekend so staff nurses can be off. 03/31/2015 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Priceline. Housing was located in city of Plano. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Elected to do my own housing.
- I worked in the Neuro ICU department(s) in the hospital. Horribly understaffed. Constant triples. It's a 34 bed icu and on the weekends there are usually 5-8 tripled assignments with all icu caliber patients. They triple the agency and travelers instead of their own staff. Will never go back to Medical Center of Plano and give a fair warning to anyone who may consider 01/08/2015 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was friends house. Housing was located in city of plano. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. none
Click here for advertising info